It’s been another pretty decent week for me in terms of money-saving, (largely due to my continued not-drinking!) February is treating me pretty well. Here is a quick run-down of five of the practical things I’ve done this past week to save myself some $$$.
- Instead of going out to eat, my partner and I decided to have a chill evening in for Valentine’s day, and actually had a great time with the Waitrose two dine for £20 and some Netflix (plus, we have the bottle of Prosecco waiting for the end of dry February, yaaaay).
- I am getting faaaar better at controlling my spending impulses (even resisting a 30% off sale at my beloved Burger and Friends). I’ve not bought myself any new clothes since the Christmas holidays, which has got to be some kind of record.
- I earned another $0.90 on Pact just for doing my regular running / walking, and from now on have upped my pact to 6 days per week (I decided not to go for 7, just to give myself some leeway in case I get ill etc), to get a tiny bit more money for doing basically nothing.
- Speaking of apps, I also retrieved my old, extremely battered phone from the depths of my ‘stuff drawer’, and have started using it to run a couple of passive income apps (more in-depth blog post to come on this later) to make a little extra side-money.
- I managed another week of soup, bagels, and home-made salads for lunch at work, avoiding the (delicious) roasted veg and goats cheese chunky sandwich from our local cafe (it’s gonna taste extra good when I do treat myself ❤ ).
So, this week and last week have been pretty great in terms of money-saving. Hoping the rest of February goes this well!